SVM Process of Co-Innovation and Collaboration
Smart Village Movement selects Pilot Projects for development in rural India by careful identification and scrutiny of each village’s Balance Sheet. This includes their Physical, Social & Financial Resources Balance Sheet along with an assessment of the existing ecosystem and network of the neighboring villages.
Smart Village Movement carefully selects Pilot Projects for development in rural India. We follow these criteria for selecting organizations:
- Assessment of needs: We perform analysis of gaps and resource requirement in healthcare, education, agriculture and household verticals by speaking directly to villagers, village heads and community leaders. The Grand Challenges found are registered on our platform for Universities and Companies to research.
- Assessment of existing resources: The resulting Grand Challenge from our needs analysis is studied with information about availability of government and private resources, to identify locations where such help is relatively scarce and how SVM can facilitate better access to technology and knowledge.
- Assessment of grassroots efforts: Finally, the criteria of co-innovation and scalability are applied, to identify initiatives that offer the best promise of impact.
- Focus on building & empowering people rather than mere charity
- Priority to projects in areas where no comparable services exist
- Willing to work with local government agencies, companies and NGOs using Open-innovation and collaborative methods.
- Vision, commitment, approach of the project partner & alignment with their own Company Mission.
- Project has clear plans, with well-defined impact parameters.
SVM has developed a highly effective planning, monitoring, and evaluation system that include:
- Establish early warning systems with regular feedback and input from all stakeholders.
- Weekly field visits, financial reports, grant disbursal based on reviews and Berkeley Haas mentorship and guidance. Our SVM Team and Vertical Heads visit each project frequently and collaborate with the staff, community leaders, District Administrative Heads and villagers that the project seeks to support.
- Annual evaluation with Project Impact Reports, budget and plans scaling are initiated by our team.
- Our team of qualified professionals, from the development sector is responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of supported Projects