About smart village movement
smart village movement is a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit that executes a sustainable and scalable model of development. The program was conceived in 2016 at the centre for growth markets at berkeley-haas. Svm firmly stands for sustainable economic growth by bridging the rural-urban gap and bringing villagers access to digital technology and livelihood training. Our focus on open-innovation, indigenous technologies and natural economic forces builds a well-developed svm ecosystem that empowers rural communities to provide for themselves through entrepreneurship, job skills and access to global markets.
Mission of SVM: “Our mission is to empower rural people through digital technologies and open innovation platforms to access global markets.”
Rural underdevelopment is one of the main drivers of global poverty and forced migration to crowded urban areas. In many parts of the world, rural areas are lagging against the urban areas in terms of economic development, access to essential services and quality of life. Bridging the rural-urban gap is at the core of SVM’s mission in socio-economic development in India. Hence, this position comes with much responsibility and expectation.
Position: State Director
Project Location: Gujarat
- Manage, engage, mentor, and lead the team activities in Gujarat for all four verticals Agriculture, Education, Healthcare and Household.
- Support the state team and contribute to their capacity building and career development to ensure they fully understand the expected outcomes.
- Dynamic Client and Stakeholder management to ensure the goals and aspirations of the projects.
- Manage relations with relevant government departments, companies and most important with the communities for whom the project is being initiated for.
- Manage project operations and assess its implementation on ground.
- Maintain an effective project planning monitoring system, to track the progress of projects against its outcomes and goals.
- Understand the requirements of the organization and funding agencies, conceptualize the project, prepare budgets, and create a delivery mechanism.
- Evaluate technological solutions, business models, project proposals that fit the region specification.
- Ensure timely and accurate budgets and revisions for projects to the leadership level.
- Regular review of the projects under SVM verticals with dedicated Vertical Leads
- To participate in other activities as directed by the Leadership and Executive Chairman, Smart Village Movement
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of work experience, to have worked with Government Clients/Business Development/Development Initiatives
- MBA/Management Development/Sustainability/ Master’s in social work/ Master’s in economics/ Master’s in Public Policy
- Must have excellent communications skills both oral and in writing, especially Gujarati, English and Hindi
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sound personal presentation and proposal pitching skills
- Organizational ability, with a vision to institutionalize processes and systems with an ability to work with cross functional teams and build consensus
- Position reports to directly to Senior Manager, Leadership Members and Executive Chairman
- Works closely with Senior Manager on Project Development and Collaboration
- Relationships: Vertical Project Leads/Project Fellows, HR, Finance, Communications team, Development team (as and when required), Centre for Growth Markets, University of California, Berkeley
Other: Salary commensurate with experience.
Position Availability: Immediately
Application Process: To apply for this position, you may send your CV and cover letter describing how you meet the specifications for this role and what you bring to it along to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for State Director: Gujarat”
Note: Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.