Smart Village Movement aims to foster growth and empower rural communities in India through the employment of digital technologies and open innovations platforms. We integrate technologies with indigenous practices in order to address the concerns of villagers and create economic, social, and environmental changes for uplifting the standards of living in the spirit of sustainable development.
Role: Agriculture Lead, SVM
Project Location: Shillong, Meghalaya.
Job description: Smart Village Movement is looking for a go-getter resource to lead its Agriculture Vertical in Meghalaya to spearhead projects with a spirit to collaborate with Government, Corporations and Startups with University research capabilities
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Agriculture vertical to rationalise the opportunities to fill in the gaps identified in the SVM journey for a region.
- Engage with multiple stakeholders for SVM’s operational areas for Project implementation.
- Work with the officers from Government of Meghalaya
(State/District/Blocks/Villages) for project work.
- Understand the region holistically in terms of geography, natural resources, energy sources, employability, economic growth, potential small scale industries and other necessary facets to support the vertical.
- Make field visits, conduct meetings with village and local level stakeholders, conduct focussed group discussions or interviews to collect and understand critical ground data.
- Identify and document the pain points for potential solutions with multiple stakeholders/agencies/grassroot level organisations to establish the demand principle.
- Building awareness campaigns and implementing it on the ground to create employment opportunities
- Identify ground resources to work within multiple capacities with SVM village ambassadors, vendors, influencers etc. for independent projects or ones facilitated through interventions of partner organisations.
- Identify and build relationships with relevant agencies and departments of the Government of Meghalaya for timely coordination & validation of project deliverables.
- Ideate and work towards projects with partner organisations, provide inputs and facilitate stakeholder relationships for operations.
- Ensure to work with companies/startups/organisations to establish sustainable and scalable business models.
- Encourage local entrepreneurs and connect with relevant solution providers and markets.
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects, timely submission of updates and reports for assessment and to measure impact.
- Track the tasks and project deliverables, work with deadlines: Companies/ Startups/ POCs, Project Coordinators, Village Ambassadors.
- Project Report Writing to assess and measure impact.
- Prepare business models and iterations, in collaboration with the participating companies, in consultation with institutional stakeholders for validation of the need of the solution.
- Mentor academic projects with courses anchored with UC Berkeley and others.
- Additional new roles and responsibilities may be added to your profile as per need.
- Educational qualification: Masters in Agriculture/ Social work, Developmental Studies, or MBA.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in agriculture projects/related project.
Deadline for application: 15 March 2022.
Date of joining: 1 April 2022.
Term of employment: 1 year, subject to extension.