What is Recykal?
Recykal, is India’s first cloud-based digital platform for waste and recyclables management. Recykal enables transactions between waste recyclables generators, processors, recyclers onto one unified platform thus bringing in transparency, traceability, accountability to the stakeholders involved. By connecting each stakeholder, Recykal deploys customized digital solutions for the government to digitize its entire waste collection, management, and disposal mechanism.
Till date, Recykal has diverted 26,000+ MT of dry recyclable wastes like paper, plastic, e-waste from landfills to recycling centers saving 29,000 trees, 5.8 crore liters of water, 7K cubic meter landfill space and saving 48 lakh KWH electricity.
What is Recykal Changemakers Course?
Recykal Changemakers Course aims to equip students/youth with foundational knowledge and skills on Environmental impacts and roles in the waste management industry to create responsible jobs and entrepreneurs. This course covers various aspects of waste right from its generation, sources, classification, transportation, treatment to disposal techniques.
What is the course content?
- Plastic and electronic waste problem in India and its health impacts
- Current ecosystem and role of stakeholders in the waste management industry
- Functions of waste management industry
- Role of the digital revolution in the waste management industry
- Different types of plastic waste and electronic waste
- Extended Producer Responsibility and Circular economy
- Current policies and careers in the waste management industry
- Case studies (Ex: Arunachal model)
- Initiatives by companies, government and civil society organizations to reduce plastic pollution.
How will the course benefit you?
The participants will gain foundational knowledge and skills on Environmental impacts and waste management industry to create responsible jobs and entrepreneurs.
This course covers various aspects of waste right from its generation, sources, classification, transportation, treatment and disposal techniques. Students attending this course will also acquire a variety of digital skills, communication skills, creating marketing campaigns and learning basic business and entrepreneurial skills.
During the course students will organise programmes like Plastic Takeback Program, School Cleanliness Program and Employee Engagement Programme among others.
What are the requirements to attend this course?
- Individuals with basic knowledge about waste management, waste separation/segregation and the waste ecosystem
- Individuals with zeal to contribute towards sustainability and ground action
- Passionate about the environment as we are to help us achieve our collective goal of a sustainable future.
- Passion to learn about the future trends in business and technology
- A creative mind to come up with ideas to contribute to the environment
- A good entrepreneurial mind which can identify opportunities into the sector.
What activities will be done during the course?
Based on the lessons taught to students during the course, students have to organise any one of the programmes:
a) Plastic Takeback Program
b) School Program
This will help students put their theoretical knowledge into practice and get hands-on experience.
What after the completion of the course?
- Students will get an unpaid internship upon successful completion of the course and awarded as Recykal changemakers
- Certificate of Completion from Recykal and Smart Village Movement
- Career aspects: Jobs in Urban Planning, Waste Management, Environment Care/ Sustainability and knowledge/skills to become a waste entrepreneur
- Community Changemaker
How to apply for this course?
Please fill this form to apply for the course –