About smart village movement
Smart Village Movement is a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit that executes a sustainable and scalable model of development. The program was conceived in 2016 at the Centre for Growth Markets at Berkeley-Haas. SVM firmly stands for sustainable economic growth by bridging the rural-urban gap and bringing villagers access to digital technology and livelihood training. Our focus on Open-innovation, indigenous technologies and natural economic forces builds a well-developed SVM ecosystem that empowers rural communities to provide for themselves through entrepreneurship, job skills and access to global markets.
Mission of SVM: “Our mission is to empower rural people through digital technologies and open innovation platforms to access global markets.”
Rural underdevelopment is one of the main drivers of global poverty and forced migration to crowded urban areas. In many parts of the world, rural areas are lagging against the urban areas in terms of economic development, access to essential services and quality of life. Bridging the rural-urban gap is at the core of SVM’s mission in socio-economic development in India. Hence, this position comes with much responsibility and expectation.
Position: Accounts Lead
Project Location: Meghalaya/Mumbai/ Gujarat
- Manage the Organisation’s Budget at the end of the Financial Year
- Prepare or help in the preparation of Audit Reports (Financial Audit) – Internal and External
- Maintain reports and recommendations following the Audits
- Provide financial advice to the Senior Manager and Leadership as and when required
- Ensure smooth financial transactions and reimbursements for the project requirement
- Ensure timely taxation, documentation, and certifications
- Liaising with clients, individuals, and businesses
- Ensure timely and accurate budgets and revisions for projects to the Leadership
- Preparing financial statements and monthly and annual accounts
- Analysing Risk and Advising on Tax Planning
- Regular Bookkeeping
- Advising on areas of financial improvement
- To participate in other activities as directed by the Leadership and Executive Chairman, Smart Village Movement
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in handling company’s finances, budgets and accounts
- Chartered Accountant (CA)/ Financial Background
- Organizational ability, with a vision to institutionalize processes and systems with an ability to work with cross functional teams and build consensus
- The position reports directly to the Executive Chairman, Leadership Members, Senior Manager, and Manager
- Works closely with Senior Manager, State Director on Organisational Development and Compliance
- Relationships: Vertical Project Leads/Project Fellows, HR, Finance, Communications team, Development team (as and when required)
Other: Salary commensurate with experience.
Position Availability: 01 October 2022
Application Process: To apply for this position, you may send your CV and cover letter describing how you meet the specifications for this role and what you bring to it along to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Accounts Lead”
Note: Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.